150 Funny Questions to Ask
Funny questions have this magical power of always breaking the ice no matter what situation you find yourself in.
- First date? Ask a funny question to start the conversation.
- Meetings or seminars? Ask a funny question to set a positive tone.
- You and your friends are bored? Ask each other funny questions instead of yawning and staring at your phones.
- Dinner party? Again, ask a funny question while waiting for the entrees to be served.
Humour can be very subjective. What you find amusing may not necessarily sound hilarious to others, and vice versa.
But that doesn’t mean there isn’t something you both find funny – surely, there will always be a common question you could all laugh about. The thing is, you’ll never find that common ground until you ask.
So here is our list of 150 funny questions to inspire you to start that those conversations, and get everyone, including yourself, laughing.
Simply Funny Questions
These set of questions make you laugh just by asking them. They’re a mix of irony, stating-the-obvious, or just really stupidly funny questions.
- I don’t get golf. Why do the golfers hit the ball only to chase after it?
What’s the logic, right?
- Why does poop have to stink?
It’s bad enough that they don’t look good, why can’t they smell nice to have a bit of balance?
- What does an advertisement for an advertising company look like?
I would also like to know how these ads get pitched.
- Why do they always ask why the chicken crossed the road?
Don’t we have bigger problems in this world than trying to understand why the chicken was just going about his everyday life?
- What would be the best-worst name for different types of businesses?
- In the movie, Dumb or Dumber, who would you be, Dumb or Dumber?
I’d probably prefer not to be part of the movie.
- Do you think there’s gas in Uranus?
Did you read it as I did?
- Why do 24-hour,7-days-a-week, 365-days-a-year shops need a “closed” sign?
It’s like saying, we’re here for you 24/7 except when days we don’t feel like it.
- If I put the cat on the photocopy machine, would you call it a copycat or a CAT scan?
A photocopy of the cat scan results, perhaps?
- What’s so special about seals? I mean, why can’t other animals join the navy too?
Why can’t there be navy whales, navy shrimps?
- Why don’t people say “bad lord” instead of “good lord” for a change?
“Oh, bad lord!” doesn’t sound too bad if you think about it.
- Do fish ever get thirsty?
- Can you lick your own tongue?
- Do people with memory loss forget they have memory loss?
I have a condition, but my illness causes me to forget my illness.
- Don’t you think the poop emoji can pass as a chocolate ice cream emoji?
Actually, now that you mention it…
- How many ants are needed to carry an elephant?
Probably the same number of flies it takes to lift an ostrich.
- Who sounds better, Donald Duck or Donald Trump?
I’m a Disney person, so.
- If a person attempts to fail, and does it really well, does that mean they succeeded?
At least he succeeded at something.
- If I didn’t show up to your funeral, would you still attend mine?
Please, would you?
- I’m in a room with dumber and dumbest. Does that make me the smartest?
Well, how many times can you claim to be the smartest in the room, right?
- What word rhyme with tennis?
Uhm.. wait, let me think about it..
- Wouldn’t your brains fall out if you were “open-minded”?
In that case, I’d rather keep a close mind.
- What is your favorite you Mr Bean quote?
” ” – Mr. Bean.
- How can you tell it’s time to stop wiping if you’re taking a dump in complete darkness?
You do have other senses that are operational in the dark.
- Why aren’t our nostrils positioned on either side of our faces, like our eyes and ears?
I can’t even picture how this would look like.
- How can you tell whether someone is crying underwater?
That’s an excellent alternative to crying in the shower.
- How many people can Uranus fit?
It depends on how you read the questions.
- Can you scratch your nose with your elbow?
- What’s the opposite word for “opposite”?
Yeah, what is the opposite of opposite?
- Why do people say working like a dog? Doesn’t a dog just sit around all day?
Sometimes I do want to trade places with my dog.
- If the nose for smelling things and the feet made for us to run, why do we have smelly feet and runny noses?
This doesn’t make sense to me, too.
- Who fixes daybreak?
Daybreak and nightfall – the moon and sun must both be very clumsy.
- If electrons create electricity, do morons create morality?
- When someone says, “yeah, nah,” do they mean yes or no?
- When you take a photo of a group of cheese, do you ask them to “say cheese?”.
This is a tough one. Who started “say cheese” anyway?
- Who named the funny bones and the wishbones?
There are these two bone names, and then there’s scapula, humerus, femur, tibia. Why not be consistent and name the bones the same way – like sad bone, angry bone, grumpy bone.
- If the bus stops at the bus station, the train stops at the train station, and you stop for gas at the gas station, shouldn’t you also stop working at your workstation?
This should be looked into.
- Does a person get a refund for their coffin when they end up waking from being dead?
There must be a return policy of some sort.
- Whose idea was it to split the different states into weird shapes?
Imagine if they split like jigsaw puzzle pieces.
- Why is pizza round, cut in triangles, and placed in a square box?
A play on shapes, huh?
- Did you steal the cookie from the cookie jar?
Can’t believe no one has figured it out til now.
- Where do you get sent to if you did something wrong in hell?
And you can’t even say “go to hell” when you’re angry at someone in hell, can you?
- Can we consider cereal as cold soup?
Makes sense. We eat it like we do soup.
- Isn’t it strange that a person who manages funds and finances is called a broker?
It’s like letting a mortician do your surgery.
- If chill means a cold sensation and a chiller keeps something cool, why are chili peppers hot?
This baffles me too.
- If nothing is impossible and I do nothing all day, does that mean I have done the impossible?
It’s impossible not to agree with this one.
- He said he couldn’t live without me, but why is he not dead yet?
This truly cracked me up.
- Why can’t Santa use the doors or windows instead of the chimney?
Can’t mom and dad just leave the backdoor open for him?
- If I throw a blue stone in the red sea, will it turn purple when I get it back?
Or a yellow stone and get orange back.
- How do you plan a surprise party for a psychic?
- If speaking two languages makes you bilingual, and a person who speaks more than two languages is called a multilingual, does knowing only one language make me a lingual?
It makes sense to me.
- Is there an emergency exit in prison?
Is there? How often has it been used?
- Can you get lifetime guarantees on coffins?
I don’t see why not.
- Why is it called a hamburger when most of them are made from beef?
It should have been called a beefburger from the get-go.
- If I was fat, can I still go skinny dipping?
- What if humans walked on all fours and animals walked upright with just two of their legs?
Imagine us crawling around the animals.
- Is it possible to daydream at night?
Or have nightmares during the day.
- How do we know something is invisible if we can’t see them?
Or knowing there is an unknown.
- If less means a smaller amount, why are priceless items the most expensive?
Yeah, like useless and baseless.
- Why is it called quicksand, when in reality, it’s really slow?
Should be slothsand.
- Where are Dora the Explorer’s parents?
She should have been in foster care a long time ago for living alone without parents for years.
- Whose idea was it to name Iceland and Greenland? Can’t we swap their names around?
Would make everybody’s life easier and avoids further confusion.
- What do the training bras train?
As a woman, I would also like to know why they’re called that way.
- Do you really believe swimming is good exercise when whales are sized the way they are?
Don’t get me wrong, whales are one of the earth’s most beautiful creatures. But let’s face it, they’re not exactly the slim type, are they?
These questions are not so funny in themselves, but the answers that you get from them could potentially make you laugh so hard. These are perfect ice breakers, especially for people you’ve just met or are still getting to know.
- Can you name three of the dumbest questions you’ve seen asked on the internet?
- Who do you usually blame your farts on?
- Who would you name as the dumbest celebrity?
- Do you have an online purchase that would make a great expectation versus reality meme?
- What is the sexiest animal on earth?
- What’s your favorite meme?
- Who do you think is hotter, Alexa, Cortana, Siri, or Google?
- What makes you laugh the hardest?
- What was your childhood nickname?
- What is your go-to song for singing in the shower?
- Can you name all your ex-partners using animal names?
- What’s the most hilarious outfit you own?
- What’s the most pointless invention you’ve ever seen?
- What’s the funniest pet name you’ve ever encountered?
- Have you ever seen a YouTube clip that made you laugh so hard?
- Who do you think is the funniest celebrity?
- What is the funniest pair of shoes you own?
A lot of our funny stories came from our real-life experiences. These questions try to delve into exactly that – hilarious events that still make us giggle when we remember them.
- What are the funniest lyrics you’ve misheard?
- What is the funniest prank you’ve ever done, seen, or been a part of?
- What is the funniest you’ve heard a kid say?
- What’s the funniest search you’ve done on Google so far?
- What is the funniest name you’ve heard?
- Have you ever drunk online shopped?
- What’s the lamest bio you’ve seen on a dating app?
- What’s the silliest thing you did as a child?
- What is the funniest thing you’ve seen a kid do?
- What’s the dumbest you’ve done while drunk?
- What’s the lamest dad joke you’ve ever heard?
- What’s the funniest drunken confession you’ve ever heard?
- What’s the dumbest excuse you used on someone who bought it?
- What’s the funniest conversation you have had with yourself?
- What’s the worst parking you’ve ever seen?
- What’s the funniest thing you’ve heard this week?
- Where’s the most awkward place you’ve farted in?
- What’s the funniest insult you have ever heard?
- What’s the most absurd thing you’ve seen sold online?
- Where’s the weirdest place you’ve ever been to?
- Who’s the weirdest person you’ve ever met?
- What’s the dumbest thing you’ve told your teacher/professor?
- What’s a fashion trend that you find incredibly foolish?
- What’s your best impersonation of a famous person?
- What’s your silliest dance move?
- What’s your most useless talent?
- What’s the funniest sign you’ve ever seen?
- What’s the funniest thing you’ve seen this week?
- What’s a movie that you can completely change the meaning and plot of by simply changing one word in the title?
- What’s the funniest text your parents have sent you?
- What’s your worst kitchen fail?
- Have you ever sent your parents the wrong text message?
- What’s the funniest typo you’ve ever read?
- What’s the stupidest conspiracy theory you’ve ever heard?
- What’s the most useless TV show you’ve seen?
- What is your funniest memory as a child?
- What is the most ridiculous fight you’ve ever seen?
- What or who are the oddest couple you’ve seen or met?
- What is something that all humans look stupid doing?
- What is the corniest pick-up line you’ve heard or used?
- What’s the worst scent you’ve ever smelled?
- What’s the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done?
- Do you have an unbelievably funny experience that’s so hard to believe as true?
Situational Family Questions
These hypothetical questions evoke your imagination, creativity, and sense of humor at the same time. Try these with your friends or see who comes up with the dumbest, silliest, or funniest replies.
- If you had the chance to rearrange your body parts’ locations, how would you do it?
- If you could make four other versions of yourself, what would they be, and why?
- If you could create a holiday, what would it be?
- If the fate of the world relies on you getting back together with one of your exes and staying with them forever, which one would it be?
- If you could pick a meme that best describes yourself, what would it be?
- If you could make a new rule, what would it be?
- It’s the zombie apocalypse. You can choose only one of these as your weapon: a banana, toilet paper, or a kitchen towel. What would it be?
- If you could only speak in animal sounds from now on, what animal would it be?
- If you could add one more body part, what would it be?
- Pretend you were breaking up with someone using only positive words, how would you do it?
- If you could rename each of your body parts into a food item, what would they be?
- If you were a flavor of ice cream, what would you be and why?
- If you had to be a household item for a year, what would you be and why?
- If you can design an alien, what would they look like?
- How would you compliment someone using insults?
- If you could create another animal, what would it be and why?
- If you could replace your hands with a kitchen utensil, what would it be and why?
- If your pet could tell me one thing about you, what do you think it would be?
- If you could be a piece of clothing, what would you be and why?
- If you could be a shoe style, what would it be and why?
- If you could redesign a human face, how would you do it?
- If you could redesign the earth, how would you do it?
- If you were a famous comedian, who would you be and why?
- If you argued with yourself, what would it be about?
- Can you describe your exes using movie titles?
- If you can undo something silly that you’ve done in the past, what would it be?