101 Original Youtube Challenges that Anyone Can Try
Doing challenges is a great day to get entertain your audience and, sometimes, go viral.
However, most YouTube challenge lists out there give you ideas for challenges that most people can’t do.
And even worse, they show challenges that were trendy 5 years ago.
This list of recent YouTube challenges is made only of things that normal people can do.
You don’t need to spend a lot of money on them, and, in fact, most of them are free to do.
Also, they all should be safe to do.
It’s important to keep things safe. Don’t do crazy things you will regret later on. There is no need to risk your life or integrity just for some views.
Still, I let you know that I’m not responsible for what you decide to do after reading this list.
You’re responsible for your own behavior and I do NOT encourage doing anything that may be considered dangerous.
Finally, I’d love to show your own challenges here!
Comment below and link to your own YouTube video challenge. If it’s fun enough, I’ll make sure to include it at the top of the list.
This post gets thousands of views per month, so it will be nice for your channel.
More content ideas you’ll love:
Here we go:
Table of Contents
- 1. Good Thing Challenge
- 2. Superhero Food Art Challenge
- 3. Red Food vs Yellow Food Challenge
- 4. Who Wore it Better
- 5. Coin Flip Challenge – Crazy Dares Challenge
- 6. Spicy vs Extreme Spicy food Challenge
- 7. Don’t Wipe your Mouth Challenge
- 8. Making my Twin Ugly
- 9. Candy Challenge
- 10. Drive-Thru Trick-Or-Treat Challenge
- 11. 100 Layers Challenge
- 12. Things only 1% of people can do
- 13. Bite, Lick or Nothing Food Challenge
- 14. Overnight Survival Challenge
- 15. Try Not to Get Anxiety Challenge
- 16. The Pizza Challenge
- 17. Crazy Soccer Challenge
- 18. Try Not To Make a Sound Challenge
- 19. Try Not To Say WOW
- 20. Whisper Challenge
- 21. Healthy vs Junk Food Challenge
- 22. Mute Challenge
- 23. Speed Dance Challenge
- 24. No Mirror Makeup Challenge
- 25. Only Using One Color To Cook Challenge
- 26. Don’t Look Away Challenge
- 27. Guess the Movie/Videogame from a Song
- 28. Doing Each Other’s Makeup
- 29. Copy What My Wife Does 24 Hours
- 30. 24 Hour Whisper Challenge
- 31. Math Dance Challenge
- 32. No Thumbs Challenge
- 33. 24 Hours Overnight In a Tent
- 34. I Only Ate Gas Station Food for 24 Hours.
- 35. 24 Hour Overnight Bathroom Challenge
- 36. Only Eat Pink/Blue/Yellow/Green Food for 24 Hours Challenge
- 37. Hard Yoga Position Challenge
- 38. Best Friend Challenge
- 39. Only Eat Weird Shape Food 24 Hours Challenge
- 40. Mum vs Dad Outfit Challenge
- 41. What’s in My Mouth?
- 42. Eating Food from a Foreign Country for 24 hours
- 43. Swap Diet with your Grandma for 24 Hours
- 44. Ignoring your Partner for 24 Hours
- 45. Sour vs Sweet Challenge
- 46. 30 Drawing for 30 Days
- 47. Not My Arms Challenge
- 48. Going to a Place Dressed as Celebrities Challenge
- 49. Recreate Famous Influencers’ Instagram Pictures
- 50. Making Ugly Clothes Cute Challenge (thrift flip)
- 51. Let Strangers Buy Your Outfit
- 52. Let The Person in Front of you Decide What to Eat
- 53. Swap diet with your nephew for 24 hours
- 54. Dad Jokes – Try Not to Laugh
- 55. The Mouth to Mouth Challenge
- 56. The No-Look Challenge
- 57. The Lunchbox Switch Up Challenge
- 58. Copying What The Other Does For 24 Hours
- 59. Last to Stand Up Challenge
- 60. Head or Tail? Coin Flips Challenge
- 61. Last to Use WIFI Challenge
- 62. Say No to Everything People Ask you in 24 Hours
- 63. 24 Hours Handcuffed to your Sibling
- 64. Last to Leave the Room Wins
- 65. Living in our Car for 24 Hours
- 66. Living in our Bathtub for 24 Hours
- 67. Try not to Get Uncomfortable Challenge
- 68. Try to Not Get Scary Challenge
- 69. Drive-Thru Swap Challenge
- 70. Shopping for our Boyfriends at Girly Stores Challenge
- 71. Last to Leave Circle Wins
- 72. Pancake Art Challenge
- 73. Remove Clothing Mystery Wheel
- 74. Spin The Mystery Wheel (1 Spin: 1 Dare)
- 75. 5 minutes DIY Challenge
- 76. YES to Everything My Bestfriend Said for 24 Hours
- 77. Truth or Dare Challenge
- 78. Extreme Waxing Challenge
- 79. Who Knows me Better? my Partner vs Best Friend
- 80. Two Truths One Lie
- 81. Extreme Couple vs Couple Challenge
- 82. Try Not to Sing-Along
- 83. Truth or Drink
- 84. Listening to an Annoying Song for 24 Hours
- 85. Sing Anything Challenge
- 86. Do a Tough Challenge in a Videogame
- 87. Never Have I Ever
- 88. Try Not To Dance Challenge
- 89. Try Not To Get Mad Challenge
- 90. Try To Keep Singing Challenge
- 91. Try to Keep Dancing Challenge
- 92. Say it Backwards Challenge
- 93. Going to The Worst Rated Place
- 94. Eat It or Wear It
- 95. Dollar Store DIY Challenge
- 96. Speaking in a Different Language for an Entire Day
- 97. 7 Seconds Challenge
- 98. Roast Yourself Challenge
- 99. Blindfolded Drawing Challenge
- 100. Floor is Lava Challenge
- 101. What’s in The Box Challenge
- YOUR VIDEO HERE
1. Good Thing Challenge
This is the most wholesome challenge you will find. Just make a random act of kindness. Helping some charity, giving food to a stray dog, donating clothes, whatever you wish to do. Then, nominate three people to do the same and share the good vibes! You don’t need a lot to make someone happy.
2. Superhero Food Art Challenge
It’s pretty fair to say that superheroes are more popular than ever — thanks, Marvel. So this challenge consists of making edible art from superhero movies like Avengers. You can make simple pancakes or get creative with multiple tiers cakes.
3. Red Food vs Yellow Food Challenge
This is a two-people challenge where every round you have to pick — randomly — if you are going to eat the yellow or red food. For example mango or watermelon.
4. Who Wore it Better
Another couple challenge — sisters, friends, boyfriends, mom, and daughter, etc —- that will test your sense of fashion. Both participants will have to style the same piece of clothing to create an entire outfit. Then, you can make your audience vote who wore it better through Twitter or Instagram.
5. Coin Flip Challenge – Crazy Dares Challenge
This can be a very fun twist to a daring challenge. It works better when you have a group of friends 2- 5, so you can rotate the challenges. First, decide a dare between two people, for example, “giving a stranger a foot massage”. Then each must choose head or tail and flip a coin. The one who loses has to do the dare.
6. Spicy vs Extreme Spicy food Challenge
There are two plates with food. One is extra spicy and the other is just spicy. Each turn one person must choose one of the plates and the other person will eat the other plate.
7. Don’t Wipe your Mouth Challenge
This challenge is especially good for Mukbang channels. Also, it only needs one person to make it and is pretty easy to do. You have to eat a lot of food without wiping your mouth a single time. It works better with finger food that has a lot of sauce — chicken wings for example— for obvious reasons.
8. Making my Twin Ugly
You don’t have to have a twin for this challenge. You can use your sister, boyfriend/girlfriend, etc. The pint is to pick an outfit and a make-up to make the other person as ugly as possible.
9. Candy Challenge
The goal of this challenge is to guess the type of candy you are eating while blindfolded. The person who guesses correctly most of the time wins.
10. Drive-Thru Trick-Or-Treat Challenge
Instead of going trick or treat around your neighborhood, why not going through a few Drive Thru with your spooky costume on. The reaction of the employee can be really fun to record.
11. 100 Layers Challenge
This challenge can be used for a wide variety of categories — usually beauty-related. 100 layers of lipsticks, nail polish, mascara, foundation, eyelashes, clothes, etc. The fun part is to watch the ridiculous results.
12. Things only 1% of people can do
There are certain body tricks that not everybody can do. Like touching your nose with your tongue. So, this challenge is to try to make if you are part of that 1 % of people that can make them.
13. Bite, Lick or Nothing Food Challenge
For this challenge, you will need three participants — plus someone to prepare the “food”. In every round, each participant should pick between lick, bite or nothing for the unknown food of that turn. The trick is to pick some disgusting foods in between turns like liver, chicken feet, etc. So, one round can be something delicious like a brownie and the next some raw onion.
14. Overnight Survival Challenge
This challenge requires 2-4 people. Each of them is going to have a different budget to survive the next 24 hours on the outside. You can split one team with 1$ budget while the other team has 500$. The selection process must be random to be fair.
15. Try Not to Get Anxiety Challenge
This is an extremely easy challenge to do and only requires that you have the nerve to watch other people’s videos doing extreme activities. The challenge is to try to keep calm while others are doing crazy stuff like standing at the edge of a cliff to take a selfie.
16. The Pizza Challenge
Each participant has to choose a mystery topping ingredient in every round. You should have at least 4 ingredients per person to get a somehow complete pizza. In the end, everyone should eat their mystery pizza.
17. Crazy Soccer Challenge
If you are a soccer player this challenge will be perfect for you, but you can try it too if you don’t play too much. You need to hang an object — or reward — in the middle of the goal. The objective is to bring down the object kicking a soccer ball. You can increase the difficulty of the challenge by distancing yourself further from the goal.
18. Try Not To Make a Sound Challenge
React to multiple funny or scary videos without making any sound. It also works with catchy songs and you can’t sing them.
19. Try Not To Say WOW
This is pretty similar to the previous challenge. You have to watch impressive videos without saying the word “wow”.
20. Whisper Challenge
This one is for couples. One person has headphones and can’t hear, while the other person tries to tell it a phrase. It’s like a lip-reading contest.
21. Healthy vs Junk Food Challenge
This is a two-people challenge where every round you have to pick — randomly — if you are going to eat junk or healthy food. For example bananas vs cookies.
22. Mute Challenge
One person holds a remote control while the others must do things like singing, eating spicy food or any other activity that usually makes you make a ton of noises. Every time the person holding the remote control press the mute button, the others must stop making noise. If you make any noise while the mute button is pressed you lose points.
23. Speed Dance Challenge
See how fast can you dance your favorite boy bands songs (or any other song that has a choreography).
24. No Mirror Makeup Challenge
If you are a makeup lover you know how daunting making a perfect cat eyeliner is. Now, imagine if you had no mirror. Disaster. This crazy beauty challenge will test your makeup abilities. Have fun with the result!
25. Only Using One Color To Cook Challenge
Test your culinary abilities by just cooking with food from the same color (green, white, orange or yellow).
26. Don’t Look Away Challenge
Watch gross videos and you can’t look away or skip any part of it.
27. Guess the Movie/Videogame from a Song
Pretty self-explanatory. Challenge your movie, videogame or anime knowledge. Guess what movie it is just from its soundtrack. If you are a geek, this challenge is perfect for your channel.
28. Doing Each Other’s Makeup
This challenge can be made between a boyfriend or girlfriend, friends, sister, etc. You have to make each other’s makeup. It works better if one of you is not a makeup artist.
29. Copy What My Wife Does 24 Hours
What would happen if you had to make every single thing your partner does every day? This can be a fun way to see how would be to be in your wife/husband’s shoes for an entire day. You can do this with friends, bosses, parents, etc.
30. 24 Hour Whisper Challenge
Spend the next 24 hours whispering while vlogging. It’s more entertaining if you make if with a group of friends.
31. Math Dance Challenge
This dance is extremely funny AND fun to do. This catchy song has its own choreography that you can recreate for your Youtube channel.
32. No Thumbs Challenge
You have to make simple tasks like open a bottle, eating a package of crackers, or making a sandwich while your thumbs are duct-taped so you can’t use them.
33. 24 Hours Overnight In a Tent
Spend a whole day in a tent outside. See if you have what it takes to “survive” without the comfort of your home. Extra points if you do it in wintertime.
34. I Only Ate Gas Station Food for 24 Hours.
Only eat at gas stations for a whole day. Try to find a complete and “balanced” meal for 24 hours.
35. 24 Hour Overnight Bathroom Challenge
Spend a whole day in your bathroom. Make sure you have all you need to “survive”, that includes food, entertainment, and pillows to sleep. Yes, you can sleep in your bathtub.
36. Only Eat Pink/Blue/Yellow/Green Food for 24 Hours Challenge
Get creative with your diet. Challenge yourself to eat a whole day with food of the same color.
37. Hard Yoga Position Challenge
Test your elasticity and yoga abilities trying to achieve the hardest positions. Of course, this will be harder — and funnier — if you have not practiced yoga before.
38. Best Friend Challenge
Ask personal questions to your best friend — favorite color, movie, first pet’s name, etc— and if they don’t know the answer or answer incorrectly they lose 1 point. You can use points or some kind of “punishment”. Drawing each other faces, cover them with whipping cream, etc. Just be kind to not ruin your friendship.
39. Only Eat Weird Shape Food 24 Hours Challenge
Heart, square, round, or any shape you like. Pick one and eat food in that shape for a whole day.
40. Mum vs Dad Outfit Challenge
Ask your parents to buy you an entire outfit with a predetermined budget — 25$ for example. See who gets you the best outfit that matches your personality the best.
41. What’s in My Mouth?
In this challenge, you have to guess the food that you are eating while blindfolded.
42. Eating Food from a Foreign Country for 24 hours
Pick a country and eat food exclusively from that country for a day. So, if you love sushi you can make an “Eating food from Japan Challenge”, for example.
43. Swap Diet with your Grandma for 24 Hours
Exchange your cereal bowl for a bowl of your grandma’s oatmeal. Eat just like your Grandma and she must eat like you would do a regular day for the next 24 hours. Have fun seeing the difference in the diets.
44. Ignoring your Partner for 24 Hours
This is the easiest way to get your partner annoyed and maybe to get some funny reactions. This challenge is more of a prank to see how your boyfriend/girlfriend reacts to a treat of silent for an entire day.
45. Sour vs Sweet Challenge
Each turn you will have to random pick between eating sweet or spicy food. This challenge works better in couples.
46. 30 Drawing for 30 Days
If you have artistic drawing talent, this is a challenge for you. Make a different draw every day for a month. Push your talent to the limit!
47. Not My Arms Challenge
You have to make an easy task that you are used to doing— like decorating a cake or drawing — and then another person will be your arms while you have your arms behind your back. This way the other person can’t see but will have to make the task while you guide him.
48. Going to a Place Dressed as Celebrities Challenge
Take an iconic outfit of your favorite celebrity and wear it for school, church or the mall. See how other people react to it.
49. Recreate Famous Influencers’ Instagram Pictures
This is a pretty easy challenge where you have to make your own version of your favorites Instagram influencer. Have fun being an influencer for a day!
50. Making Ugly Clothes Cute Challenge (thrift flip)
This is a great idea to save a few bucks on clothes and to test your creativity and fashion sense. Go to your nearest thrift store and find the ugliest — and possibly the cheapest — piece of clothing and transform it into something wearable. You don’t need to have a sewing machine, just combining the clothes into a cohesive outfit can do wonders.
51. Let Strangers Buy Your Outfit
Go to a mall and pick random people to pick clothes that they think you may like. See if they get your style or not. The result may be a little crazy.
52. Let The Person in Front of you Decide What to Eat
You can either use Drive-thru or stalk the people in front of you to see what they order at a restaurant and order the same. Maybe you end up liking better that person’s taste.
53. Swap diet with your nephew for 24 hours
You can also do it with your children instead of a nephew. This works better with small kids (5- 8 years) because they eat little portions and it can be challenging to eat 24 hours like them.
54. Dad Jokes – Try Not to Laugh
Dad jokes are usually so unfunny that you end up laughing at how bad they are. So, in this challenge, you will have to hear the worst Dad jokes with a straight face. You can make things more exciting by holding water in your mouth so if you laugh it will spill all over.
55. The Mouth to Mouth Challenge
Have you ever seen the iconic Lady and the Tramp spaghetti scene? Well, this challenge is pretty much like that. You have to share food (gummy worms, popcorns, spaghetti, ice, etc) with another person using just your mouth.
56. The No-Look Challenge
To make this challenge you need at least two people. Each turn one person must point to one direction (up, down, right or left) and the other must avoid looking in that direction.
57. The Lunchbox Switch Up Challenge
This is a kid-friendly challenge. You can either swap the content of their daily lunchbox or make them select a lunchbox without knowing the food in there.
58. Copying What The Other Does For 24 Hours
This challenge can be made with brothers and sisters, boyfriend and girlfriend, or best friends. Spend a whole day in the shoes of the other person and have fun doing things that you are not used to doing.
59. Last to Stand Up Challenge
Lay down on the floor with some friends or family and the last to stand up wins. If you and your friends are stubborn enough this challenge can last for hours, even a day.
60. Head or Tail? Coin Flips Challenge
Challenge your friends to do crazy stuff (like eating spicy sauce) if they lose at flipping the coin. Test your luck!
61. Last to Use WIFI Challenge
See how much time you can spend at your house without using WIFI — or the internet in general.
62. Say No to Everything People Ask you in 24 Hours
This pretty much self-explanatory. See how your daily actions are influenced by saying NO to every question.
63. 24 Hours Handcuffed to your Sibling
Can you survive 24 hours of fraternal love? Things can get heated in no time.
64. Last to Leave the Room Wins
The challenge is to stay as much as you can in the same room with a few more people. The last to leave wins the challenge.
65. Living in our Car for 24 Hours
See if you have what it takes to eat, sleep and live in your car for 24 hours.
66. Living in our Bathtub for 24 Hours
This is pretty similar to the previous challenge. You have to spend a whole day in your bathtub and see how that works.
67. Try not to Get Uncomfortable Challenge
React to videos that will make you cringe or get uncomfortable and keep your reaction as cool as you can.
68. Try to Not Get Scary Challenge
Watch the most chilling, surprising and terrifying videos of the internet and record your reaction. Will you be able to not get scared?
69. Drive-Thru Swap Challenge
This is a two people challenge. One must be in the driver’s seat and the other in the backseat at the moment of ordering the food. Then you must quickly swap for the time you get the food. This is an easy way to confuse Drive-Thru workers.
70. Shopping for our Boyfriends at Girly Stores Challenge
Get your boyfriend an extreme makeover buying a full outfit exclusively from girl stores. Try to find pieces that can “match” your boyfriend’s style.
71. Last to Leave Circle Wins
Draw a circle big enough to fit comfortably the people in the challenge (2- 5 people max). Before the challenge begins every person can bring whatever they think can help them to win the challenge. The last to leave wins a prize.
72. Pancake Art Challenge
This is a pretty popular and viral challenge. You need a nonstick pan or a crepe pan. Also, a BIG batch of pancake batter that you can divide and dye for a colorful result. Finally, create pancakes with the shape and color of superheroes, emojis, cartoons, etc.
73. Remove Clothing Mystery Wheel
You have to make a functional spinning carnival wheel where you are going to write all the pieces of clothing you have: a shirt, hoodie, socks, pants, etc. Also in some spaces put the word “pass” as a free turn without removing any piece of clothing.
74. Spin The Mystery Wheel (1 Spin: 1 Dare)
This is a fun twist to the dare challenge. Make a spinning wheel and write 8-12 dares. Also, include 1 or 2 passes to give you a free turn. Spin it and do crazy dares. This challenge works better with at least 2 people.
75. 5 minutes DIY Challenge
These are all over the place. Pick a handful of tutorials and test if you actually can make them in 5 minutes. See if you can get the same Pinterest-worthy result.
76. YES to Everything My Bestfriend Said for 24 Hours
Do you trust your friends? Your fate will be in the hands of your best friends and you will have to say yes to every single thing. Things can get wild really fast!
77. Truth or Dare Challenge
Write down a list of questions that can be embarrassing or personal. Every turn a person will have to pick randomly a question. If they don’t want to answer, they will have to take a dare.
78. Extreme Waxing Challenge
Yes, this challenge is painful. But how amusing is it to watch someone getting waxed for their first time? Be ready for the pain!
79. Who Knows me Better? my Partner vs Best Friend
Make a list of personal questions that only someone that really knows you can know the right answer. Put to test your best friend and your partner and see who wins. Questions like first pet’s name? Middle School nickname? Favorite ice cream flavor? etc.
80. Two Truths One Lie
Tell your friend/partner/sister three sentences. One is a lie and 2 are true. The other person will have to guess the lie. If they guess right they win that round. If not, you win.
81. Extreme Couple vs Couple Challenge
This is a couple vs couple competition. Pick 2- 4 challenges that require two people and see which is the most coordinated and better couple. Some ideas: extreme couples yoga positions, blow up balloons using each other’s body, etc.
82. Try Not to Sing-Along
Watch the music video of your all-time favorite song and you can’t sing along the entire time. How long can you resist?
83. Truth or Drink
Make a list of personal questions. Each turn one person must answer a random question. If they refuse to answer they must drink a shot of lemon juice, spicy sauce, alcohol, etc.
84. Listening to an Annoying Song for 24 Hours
Test your sanity and listen to the worst song you know for a day. Yes, that includes playing the song even while you are sleeping or trying to.
85. Sing Anything Challenge
This is a challenge for those that can play ukulele or guitar. You need to set 4 chords (example: G, C, Em, D) and you have to fit multiple songs even if the melody doesn’t match. It works better if you make it with a second person and you play each song in turns.
86. Do a Tough Challenge in a Videogame
We all know at least a videogame with a high level of difficulty — Yes, I’m talking to you Dark Soul. But, in this challenge, you have to pick the most difficult mode to play your favorite videogame. Example: only using pistols in Fortnite.
87. Never Have I Ever
This is a pretty popular drinking game. But, you can make a non-alcoholic version using signs with “I Have” and “Never”. You answer honestly to every assumption about you using the signs.
88. Try Not To Dance Challenge
This challenge is especially hard for those who have the rhythm in their veins. Watch your favorite music videos — preferably those with choreography — and you can’t move an inch.
89. Try Not To Get Mad Challenge
Watch the most infuriating videos, like the end of Game of Thrones—I HATE YOU, D&D—and try to keep your cool.
90. Try To Keep Singing Challenge
Pic a list of musical movie themes and sing along during the entire time. Even if you don’t know the songs. The clips must have subtitles to help you.
91. Try to Keep Dancing Challenge
Make a list of music videos, chill videos and even a Bob Ross’ tutorial and you have to dance the entire time.
92. Say it Backwards Challenge
Do you know how to say “bubble bath” backward? Well, this is your moment to shine.
93. Going to The Worst Rated Place
This challenge can be used for a wide variety of places, Gyms, hairdressers, nail salons, sushi restaurants, etc. Go and check how if the reviews are right or not.
94. Eat It or Wear It
You have to eat or dump over your head a list of foods. Most of them are gross so you have to decide if you want to taste clam juice or smell like it.
95. Dollar Store DIY Challenge
See if you can make something cute just using things from the dollar store. Challenge your DIY abilities!
96. Speaking in a Different Language for an Entire Day
If you have a second language this is the challenge for you. Practice your bilingual abilities and have fun trying to communicate with others.
97. 7 Seconds Challenge
You have 7 seconds to answer a question or make a certain task. Think quick!
98. Roast Yourself Challenge
Make a well-produced music video making fun of yourself.
99. Blindfolded Drawing Challenge
This is a pretty self-explanatory challenge. Two people have to draw the same while blindfolded. The better drawing wins.
100. Floor is Lava Challenge
Everytime someone says “floor is lava” you must not touch the floor because… its LAVA! This challenge is way funnier if you do it in a public space.
101. What’s in The Box Challenge
You have to guess correctly what is inside a box. This challenge will test your sense of touch.
YOUR VIDEO HERE
So you just created a nice, funny, AND SAFE video challenge?
Comment below and link to it explaining what it’s about and I might feature it here.
This article gets thousands of views per month, so it might be a nice boost for your channel.
And make sure to share this list with your friends if you liked it 🙂